Reliance is a SCADA/HMI system intended for monitoring and control of industrial processes. Data is acquired on-line directly from a control system, logged into databases and presented to end users in the form of visualization windows, tables and charts. Reliance can also be integrated with other Enterprise Information Systems (MES, ERP, etc.). Modern technology allows easy access to a visualization application on a company’s intranet, the Internet or mobile devices (e.g. PDAs). Naturally, everything can be protected using access rights. With Reliance, authorized users can then change process parameters and directly control selected equipment.
Reliance 4 Design
Reliance 4 Design is the development environment intended for creating and editing visualization projects (applications). It is available in two versions, Desktop and Enterprise
The Desktop version lets you create applications of type "1 computer - any number of devices". A device is a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) or another similar industrial automation/control device. The Desktop version does not enable you to develop network applications and applications for thin clients (Reliance 4 Web Client and Reliance 4 Mobile Client). Thus, the resulting application only allows communications between a single computer and any number of devices.
The Enterprise version incorporates all the features of the Desktop version. In addition, it empowers you to develop network applications for any number of interconnected computers with "view-only" and/or "full control" access. The Enterprise version also lets you export an application for thin clients (Reliance 4 Web Client and Reliance 4 Mobile Client). Thus, the resulting application allows communications between any number of computers and devices and, at the same time, providing thin clients with data and alarms.
Main Features & Benefits:
– Rapid Application Development (RAD)
– Intuitive, well-arranged and modern development environment
– Extensive library of 3D graphics
– Basic functions require no programming, just configuration
– Special logic can be programmed in VBScript
– Support for applications with multiple languages (including Asian)
– Applications can easily be made accessible from the Internet and mobile devices
– Only one version of an application for all types of modules and any number of computers (servers, workstations, etc.)
– Automatic application update from a central location
– Easy extensibility of applications
– Scalability from single-PC to client/server applications
– Support for embedding ActiveX controls into applications
– Support for IP cameras (Axis and Vivotek)
– Detailed application diagnostics
– Direct access to SQL databases
– Use and support of standards: SQL, OPC, DDE, SOAP, XML, HTTP, COM/DCOM, Unicode
– Possibility of integration with Enterprise Information Systems
– Postmort – recording and replaying process history
– Remote application administration
– Complete environment – no additional fees for extension modules
– Quick and high-quality technical support
Everyday, thousands of Reliance installations are being used worldwide for the visualization and control of technological processes in various fields such as:
- Gas industry
- Chemical industry
- Heating and air conditioning for buildings
- Control systems for towns central heating systems
- Coal and Hydro Power Stations
- Sewage water treatment plants
- Water Works plants
- Malting plants and Breweries
- Meat processing and Food production plants
- Traffic control systems
- Visualization of various production lines
- Other areas
Benefits of using Reliance for End Users
- Increasing quality and productivity of the production process
- Minimizing technological breakdowns by early warning the system operator
- Reliability of the application due to redundancy of data communication lines
- Ability to subsequently analyze the cause of a possible technological breakdown (through Postmort)
- Faster development of the application by the Systems Integrator = lower purchase price
- Automatic reports from the production by e-mail or SMS
- Secured access to technological data 24 hours a day via the Internet or SMS
Benefits of using Reliance for Systems Integrators
- State-of-the-art and user-friendly development environment (RAD)
- Reducing development, testing and start-up time of applications = lower costs
- No programming code needed for basic functions
- One version of an application can be configured for all workstations (computers)
- Centralized management for large applications
- Easily exporting a final application to the Web format
- Easily expanding existing applications
- Comments can be added to all objects in an application
- Easy orientation in an application even for engineers not familiar with it
- Reliability of the system = lowering costs for technical support
- Continuity from older to newer versions (backward compatibility)
- Outstanding Support and Services
Reliance Runtime Modules
Reliance's runtime software is a program designed to run a visualization project on the end user's computer. Among others, it allows acquisition of data from communication drivers (native drivers, OPC and DDE servers), acquisition of data and alarms from other instances of the runtime software, generating and processing alarms, logging data and alarms, logging Postmort records, executing scripts. The runtime software supports redundancy and acts as a DDE server. These and some more features are common to all runtime software types (Reliance 4 View, Reliance 4 Control, Reliance 4 Server and Reliance 4 Control Server). In addition, each of the runtime software types has other extra features.
Reliance 4 View
Reliance 4 View allows displaying visualization windows with real-time data, displaying and acknowledging current alarms, displaying and printing historical alarms, displaying and printing historical data as historical trends and reports, and more. The program and project language can be switched at runtime.
Reliance 4 View does not enable you to control the visualized industrial process. It is intended for computers with "view-only" access, e.g. at workplaces of managers who need to view historical trends of process variables and the current status of the process but have no need to control it.
Reliance 4 Control
Reliance 4 Control allows displaying visualization windows with real-time data, displaying and acknowledging current alarms, displaying and printing historical alarms, displaying and printing historical data as historical trends and reports, and more. The program and project language can be switched at runtime.
Reliance 4 Control lets you control the visualized industrial process. It is intended for computers with "full control" access (e.g. control workplaces and centers). However, "full control" access can be limited on a per-user basis.
Reliance 4 Server
Reliance 4 Server is a data server for other instances of the runtime software and thin clients (Reliance 4 Web Client, Reliance 4 Mobile Client). It has a built-in Web server. It provides the clients with data and alarms, executes commands received from the clients and generates reports based on the clients' requests. It runs as a Windows Service and cannot display visualization windows. Therefore, Reliance 4 Server is used as a non-visual data concentrator and a data server. It is especially suitable for unmanned computers.
Reliance 4 Control Server
Reliance 4 Control Server includes all the features of Reliance 4 Control and Reliance 4 Server. It is intended for computers with enough performance to simultaneously handle the operator's requests and requests from client instances of the runtime software and thin clients (Reliance 4 Web Client, Reliance 4 Mobile Client). For large applications, it is highly recommended that you use Reliance 4 Server running on a separate server to handle the clients' requests.
Reliance 4 Web Client
Reliance 4 Web Client is a program designed to run a visualization project over the Internet by remote users. It is based on the Java platform (JRE 6.0/Swing) and therefore independent of operating system and Web browser. It uses Reliance 4 Control Server or Reliance 4 Server as a data server. Reliance 4 Web Client is a thin client - it only has some of the features of the runtime software. It allows displaying visualization windows with real-time data, controlling the visualized industrial process, displaying and acknowledging current alarms, displaying historical alarms, displaying historical data as historical trends and reports, and more.
Reliance 4 Mobile Client
Reliance 4 Mobile Client is a program intended to run a visualization project on mobile devices (PDAs, etc.). It is designed for Windows CE and Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0. It has the same functionality as Reliance Web Client.
Reliance Communication Drivers
A communication driver is a program designed to provide communication with a hardware device. If the device is a PLC or another similar industrial automation/control device then the driver provides transmission of process data from the device to the runtime software and transmission of commands from the runtime software to the device. Communication drivers for some devices are part of Reliance (so-called native communication drivers). These drivers require a license. The price of the license differs based on the type of device for which the driver is designed. In addition, Reliance can communicate to any device for which an OPC or DDE server is available (Reliance is an OPC and DDE client). Software designed to provide communication with hardware devices (PLCs or other similar industrial automation devices). Available are drivers for some devices/protocols, e.g. Modbus, Allen-Bradley, Sauter EY2400, Johnson Controls, Rittmeyer wsr3000, Teco, AMiT, Dio3000, Elgas, OPC.
Reliance Runtime Software
Software designed to run a visualization application at the end-user site.
– Acquisition of data from communication drivers (native drivers, OPC and DDE servers)
– Acquisition of data and alarms from other instances of the runtime software
– Generating and processing alarms
– Logging data and alarms
– Support for redundancy
– Executing scripts, processing recipes
– Logging Postmort records
– Sending e-mail and SMS messages
– DDE server
Reliance Control Reliance View
– Displaying visualization windows with real-time data
– Controlling the process through the visualization (only Reliance Control)
– Displaying and acknowledging current alarms
– Displaying and printing historical alarms
– Displaying and printing historical data as historical trends and reports
– Diagnostics of a running application (allows detecting the cause of failures, e.g. in communication)
– Switching between languages during runtime
– Data server for other instances of the runtime software
– Data server for Web and mobile device clients
– Possibility to exchange data with third-party software using the SOAP protocol
– Contains a built-in Web server
– Generating reports based on client requests
– Running as a Windows Service
Reliance Control Server
– Combines all features of Reliance Control and Reliance Server
Reliance Web Client
Software designed to run a visualization application over the Internet by remote users.
– Based on the Java platform (JRE 6.0 / Swing)
– Independent of operating system (support for Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.)
– Independent of Web browser (support for IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Konqueror, etc.)
– Displaying visualization windows with real-time data
– Controlling the process through the visualization
– Displaying and acknowledging current alarms
– Displaying historical alarms
– Displaying historical data as historical trends and reports
Reliance Mobile Client
Software intended to run a visualization application on mobile devices (e.g. PDAs).
– Designed for Windows CE and Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0
– The same functionality as Reliance Web Client
Reliance Remote Administrator
Software for remote administration of a running visualization application.